What would a new year be without a list of things we did wrong in the past or a list of goals for our future? In an effort not to disappoint, I have created a list of my top six sayings I am going to try not to say, or think, in 2012. Short, fun...but hopefully insightful.
6) That can wait till tomorrow. What if tomorrow never comes? I think procrastination runs in my family and it is high time I break the cycle of “get to it later.”
5) Someone else will take care of “it.” Leadership is not only getting the job done, but also setting the right expectations for others to get their jobs done. This year, I am going to do better at both.
4) I can do “x” amount of things well...all at the same time. There is something said for getting one thing done, and doing it well. Sometimes multi-tasking gets me in trouble..so here is to a fresh start....Focus!
3) I can do it all. Sometimes I hear myself saying, “If you want a job done right, you have to do it yourself"...which I believe. But when you are trying to run a growing business, one must take the time to teach as well as do...that is a hard one for me!
2) “It’s not me, it’s you." Time to own my position and decisions. Everyone loves to think they are not the problem...but I have to tell ya, if you can’t look deep inside and see that maybe it’s you who has to change sometimes, you have big issues.
1) “Goals, who needs goals?” I do, you do, we all do. So this year I am writing them down and with some planning, going to hit them....all.