This is a very interesting list of internet marketing facts from Ian Lurie at Conversation Marketing. Ian, these are right on track!
"A bunch of random facts about internet marketing, all of which are worth knowing, regardless of their randomness:
1. Internet marketing is hard. Really hard. It's not something that easily succumbs to a 'miracle system'. Guys like Shoemoney have it right - they have systems, but they don't say it's easy.
2. Internet marketing can't be done by a computer.
3. You're still marketing to human beings. That's why #2 is true. As long as we're selling to humans, we're going to need humans to handle the marketing.
4. 'Internet' marketing is more of a medium than a method. Marketing is a method/technique. Internet where we now do it. Yes, the techniques have changed a little, but not as much as you might think.
5. It's measurable. While you can't automate internet marketing, you can measure it. If you aren't measuring each click, sale, interaction and citation for you and your business, you're losing a lot of data."
To read the rest of the internet marketing facts from Ian Lurie at Conversation Marketing click here.